•Some Facts About Zoni New York School
Starting date: Every Monday throughout the year.
Programs: Premium Intensive and Semi
•intensive English programs.
Courses: 20 courses including core and elective courses.
Elective Courses: TOEFL and CAMBRIDGE Preparation Courses, Business English etc
Levels: Beginner, Intermediate, High
•intermediate, Advanced and Advanced academic levels.
Computer Lab: Available with free wireless Internet access.
Schedules: Monday to Friday
Intensive 8:30 AM
•12:30 PM and 1:00 PM
• 5:00 PM
Additional information: Testing center for TOEFL iBT and Cambridge.
The school is certified by the New York State Education Department
Terms & Conditions: Zoni Language Centers - New York
- Services must be paid in full 14 days before the course starts in order to complete the enrolment and secure a place in the course and/or accommodation.
- Bookings are not transferable.
- Bank charges are payable by students
- Students must be 14 years of age or over
- The cancellation needs to be communicated in writing to the school by the person who booked the course.
- Enrolment fee is non-refundable.
- The registration fee is non-refundable.
- Accommodation booking fee is non-refundable.
- If an entry visa is not granted and the School is informed more than days before the start date, the following charges will apply:
- registration fee
- The remaining balance will be refunded to the student upon receipt of an original VISA refusal letter.
ZONI LANGUAGE CENTERS REFUND POLICY
1. All tuition payments must be paid in full before starting classes. However, at the student’s request refundable fees can be applied to future courses/classes. After a student chooses his/her tuition payments, s/he cannot revert to the previous number of weeks paid.
2. Students in violation of school policies are not eligible for tuition refund and all unused weeks paid are forfeited if students is dismissed/expelled from the institution.
3. If a student is denied admission or enrollment by the institution, the student will receive a full refund of all monies paid, except for non-refundable charges.
4. The following are non-refundable and non-transferrable fees:
a. Registration Fees
b. Housing Placement Fees
5. Mail and/or courier fees are refundable only if admissions/enrollment related documents were not mailed by the school.
6. If an institution cancels the student’s program of study subsequent to a student’s enrollment, the institution will refund all monies paid by the student.
7. The student housing fees’ reimbursement will be subject to the terms and conditions stated in the Housing/Airport Transfer application.
8. Prorated tuition refunds will be calculated on a weekly basis.
9. If the student attends classes even for one day of the week, the school will count that week as whole week for the purpose of calculating tuition refunds.
10. All refunds will be made within 45 calendar days.
11. All cancellation and refund requests must be submitted to Zoni Language Centers in writing, using the internal refund form.
12. Refunds will be made only to the person, company or agency that paid the school. If the student paid for a program through an agency, s/he must apply directly to that agency for a refund.
13. All refunds will be made in the form of a check. However, if school related fees were paid by credit card, then the school will remit refund funds to the original credit card used for payment.
If school related fees were paid by wire transfer, then the school will remit funds to the bank account from which payment originated.
14. A student who applies for a change of status and starts classes while waiting for the Department of Homeland Security’s approval on their petition may qualify for a tuition refund in accordance to number 17.
15. If a student would like the school to remit refund funds to a person other than the student, he/she must provide a letter authorizing Zoni Language Centers to make check payable to the person assigned by the student. A valid proof of identification must be presented by assignee when claiming check. This is only applicable to tuition payments made by cash or check.
16. If a student who enters the United States on an I-20 form obtained through the school, and subsequently cancels prior to the start of scheduled classes or never attends class, the school will retain:
a. the equivalent of four weeks of payment at the non-discounted rate for a payment of less than 12 weeks, all actual housing costs incurred by the school, and all nonrefundable school fees.
b. the equivalent of six weeks of payment at the non-discounted rate for a payment of 12 weeks or more, all actual housing costs incurred by the school, and all nonrefundable school fees.
17. If student has started classes, the tuition payment will be reimbursed according to the following criteria:
a. Tuition payments for four weeks or less: Tuition payment is not refundable, not
transferable and student is no eligible to make up any lost class time.
b. Tuition payments for more than four weeks:
i. If a student withdraws within the first four weeks after starting classes, the
school will retain the amount equivalent to four weeks of payment at the non-discounted rate and will refund remaining balance to student.
ii. If a student withdraws after the first four weeks of attending classes but
before or at the midpoint of their payment, Zoni will retain a prorated tuition
amount at the non-discounted rate and will refund remaining balance to
iii. If a student withdraws after the midpoint of their payment, he/she will not be
eligible for any tuition refund. The school will retain all tuition charges.
STUDENT ACCOMMODATION RULES & GUIDELINES
• Respect your accommodation rules. Respect the privacy and belongings of the host family, home owners, roommates, residents and other occupants.
• Behave appropriately towards the family members, home owners, roommates, residents and other occupants. Loud, excessive noise is not permitted. Noise levels should be kept to a minimum especially after 10pm in all housing options.
• Use electricity and water reasonably (turn lights off when you are leaving; don’t let the shower run for a long time).
• Student must lock the door, close the windows, turn off air conditioner and fan before leaving the room.
• No furniture may be moved from one room to another, and no furniture may be removed from housing.
• Student must keep room clean and tidy. Food is not allowed in the bedrooms of private homes and apartments.
• Student must keep kitchen clean and tidy after using it. Student is responsible for washing own dishes.
• Student must keep the bathroom clean and tidy after using it.
• Student is expected to organize his/her own laundry including linen, towels etc.
• Student will not invite guest(s) . No guests in room/apartments/home stay
• Overnight guests are not permitted.
• Parties are not permitted.
• Smoking is not permitted.
• Drinking alcoholic beverages or consuming any type of illegal drugs is not permitted.
• Student is expected to watch and protect his/her valuable personal items. No one else is responsible for any lost/stolen items.
• Zoni Language Centers is not liable or responsible for any loss or damage to a student’s personal property or for personal injuries suffered during his/hers stay at any of the housing accommodations.
• Any cause for replacement of student keys, renovation, or repair due to a student loosing keys, damaging property or another person’s belongings will result in replacement costs out of student pocket.
• You must give notice if you will be arriving late, not staying for a night or weekend.
• Use of all appliances (phone, computer, kitchen utensils etc.) is a privilege and cannot be used without permission.
• Light cooking is permitted in the kitchen area and should be cleaned after every meal.
Violation of these guidelines will not be tolerated and is sufficient cause for immediate removal from the accommodation with no possibility of any refund.